WHAT IS SFC GIRLS?
SFC Girls exists to champion girls of all ages, backgrounds, and talents to be shining lights of Jesus on the mountains they call home. We believe girls are a vital part of God’s Kingdom, and we want to support, encourage and inspire them to live passionate, courageous lives for Jesus. We believe that in order to do this, we need genuine community and authentic connection. Plus, we know first-hand that when girls do life together, it’s so much more fun! We are lovers of snow, chasers of adventure, and pursuers of the heart of God. As God continues to move in the shred culture, we’re eager to celebrate the growing number of girls He’s called to be a part of it.
Hailing from Sydney, Australia, I (obviously) have a coffee addiction and salt water in my veins. I am obsessed with snowboarding and I love playing flag football. I am very social and an Enneagram Type 3. I am teaching myself Spanish. I am a digital marketing specialist.
I am a recent graduate of the SFC Leadership Development Program, and I have a heart to see women connected to the love of Jesus through their mountain passions.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
SFC Girls isn’t a program or an event. And it’s not about filling up your diary or ticking a box. It’s about you and your community, and how God wants to use you in authentic ways on your mountain.
The question to ask yourself is “Is there something I can do that will see girls thrive in their faith, thrive in their community and thrive on their mountain?” The great thing is that SFC Girls is only limited by what God has put on your heart. It is going to look different everywhere, and you might be already doing it!
A few ideas
- Meet up with 2 or 3 girlfriends to ride then pray together
- Run a weekly bible study for girls in your community.
- Organize a weekend to the mountains with a group of girls to ride and intentionally invest in and encourage each other.
- Have intentional Jesus conversations at the mountains: on chairlifts, at the park and with resort staff
- Chat to your local mountain church and see what opportunities you have to serve alongside them in the community.
- Run a learn to ride day for beginners
- Find out what SFC is currently doing on your mountains and see how they can use your gifts and passion
- Commit to meeting up with a younger Christian sister to mentor her in her riding and her faith
- Host a girls only rail jam event
- Grab your girl (and guy) gang and volunteer at the pro events on your mountains
- Connect with SFC Girls in the Facebook group or the enewsletter to stay connected with what God is doing on your sister mountains.
- Pray regularly for your mountain, the employees and for opportunities to be a light.
START A BIBLE STUDY
We believe that by studying the word of God together, God can grow us into a beautiful, thriving dwelling for His Spirit. If you would like to start an SFC Girls Bible Study, we’ll provide the study resources and a personal mentor. All we need from you is a yes!
If you aren’t sure where to begin, an easy first step is joining our online community. SFC Girls currently exists on Facebook and Instagram. We’d love for you to join!
SUPPORT SFC GIRLS
God is moving through girls of all ages that are bringing the light of Jesus to their mountains. In order to provide more leadership resources for girls in this culture, we need support from individuals like you. Would you join us?