Let’s Do this!
Becoming a leader for SFC is no small commitment. You are the hands and feet of Jesus and you will be representing Him and the SFC organization. If becoming a leader within SFC is something that you have been praying about, talking to others about, and believe you are called to go forward with, please read the following expectations and agreements below.
SFC LEADER AGREEMENT
The purpose of this agreement is to maintain a strong, healthy Christian community of leaders within SFC. It’s not meant to be a list of do’s and don’ts, but rather an honest agreement to honor God and respect others with our lifestyles and choices. As an SFC Leader, we ask that you abide by the following agreements below.
- I am here to serve and put God first in all things (before snowboarding/skiing, my job, this program, future plans, relationships, etc.) and grow in my relationship with Him.
1 Peter 4:11 “If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.” Matthew 6:33 “Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well.”
- I aim to honor God in all of my decisions. I will take time out of my schedule to help others and share the gospel with both words and actions when necessary.
Hebrews 12:14 “Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy. Without holiness no one will see the Lord.” Ephesians 5:21 “Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.”
- I will be sensitive to my company and if I am old enough to drink, I will only drink when it will be of no offense to anyone around me. Even then, I will exercise responsibility and drink in moderation. If smoking, I will exercise the same responsibility and moderation.
Hebrews 12:15 “See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.”
- If involved in a romantic relationship, I will honor my partner and God in all of my thoughts and actions. I will also consider seeking an accountability partner/mentor of my same sex to advise me in my relationship.
1 Cor. 6:18 “Flee from sexual immorality…” Mathew 5:28 “But I tell you whoever looks upon a woman lustfully has already committed adultery in his heart.”
- I commit to lead within SFC and remain present with the community I am serving for a minimum of 2 years so I can faithfully steward local relationships and grow in ministry effectiveness.
Proverbs 16:3 “Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.” Luke 14:28 “But don’t begin until you count the cost. For who would begin construction of a building without first calculating the cost to see if there is enough money to finish it?”
- I will find a mentor who will hold me accountable in my actions and can help me grow in my relationship with the Lord. In addition, I will remain accountable to my Regional, National, or Area Director and to my leadership team (if applicable) in order to ensure I am living life to the full, the way Christ would have me live.
Proverbs 27:17 “As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.” 1 Thessalonians 2:8 “We loved you so much that we shared with you not only God’s Good News but our own lives, too.”
- I understand SFC’s mission, vision, and values and feel comfortable explaining and sharing them with others.
- I understand the SFC Regional, National, Area Director, or Board has the right and duty to take the steps he/she deems necessary to help me grow (including relieving me of my duties upon the breaking of this agreement).
SFC Partner AGREEMENT
The purpose of this agreement is to ensure SFC Partners are equipped and encouraged to thrive as snowboarders and skiers for Jesus in their community. As an SFC Partner, we ask that your organization abides by the following agreements below.
- We will see that our organization will have at least one partnership with a local church.
- We will engage in at least one missional activity within the ski and snowboard culture throughout the winter. We understand that in order to effectively serve a community, prayer, planning, and thoughtful execution are a must.
- We agree that at least one person from the leadership team will meet (via video chat, phone, or in person) with our SFC Director monthly or as often as mutually agreed upon.
- We agree to reply to all official SFC communication, including the the MOM Report and relevant surveys, within the timeframe established or one week.
- We commit to sending at least one person from our leadership team to an official SFC conference or gathering (e.g. Snowboarders & Skiers for Christ Conference or Euro Season Opener) every year, wherever it may be. (It is understood that not everyone will have a gathering within a reasonable distance, and in that case you are released from this requirement but still encouraged to attend.)
- We will read the SFC Trail Map and Leaders Handbook (Old Trail Map) as it is a great resource for guidance, encouragement, and problem-solving.
God is using skiers and snowboarders around the world to bring people back to Himself, and He invites us all to be a part of it. Over 75% of SFC’s support comes from individual donors like you. Will you join us?