Become a Group
Why form a group?
Simply put, we’re better together! One of our first recommendations when God puts it on your heart to be the light of Jesus in your local community is to start sharing that vision with other people around you. The odds are there is someone else in your church or community that will feel the call to join in. We’ve seen this happen dozens of times, and it’s always encouraging and confirming to the person who steps out in faith! Once there are at least three people interested in acting to make a difference in your community forming an official group may provide some unique advantages. The Christian walk is one intended to be carried out in the context of community and shred ministry is no different. We need other people for encouragement, accountability and support.
SFC Vail Valley
B.R.I.D.G.E. Your Community to Jesus
As an SFC Group, you’ll creatively seek out ways to live out SFC’s B.R.I.D.G.E. values in your local context. Each community is unique and requires a unique approach. Some SFC Groups are reaching their communities through multiple avenues: the backcountry, the terrain park, the local shop, resort employees, or special events. These multiple avenues act likes spokes of a larger hub ministering to the ski area. Check out how these SFC Groups have done this well in their communities!
Leading Within SFC
You’ve seen the way others have lived out this calling to be a light on the hill. Now, let’s get into the details. We’re convinced that being connected to the accountability and community of SFC is a huge benefit to actually carrying out this call.
- Access to a global family of shredders for Jesus!
- Mentoring and coaching from your Regional, National, and/or Area Director
- Insurance Coverage and ability to set up tax-advantaged Fundraising Accounts (US Only)
- Training materials for discipleship and evangelism in the shred culture
- Access to annual conferences and retreats for training and community
- Free and discounted merchandise for your Leadership Team
- Access to SFC branding and custom-designed SFC Group materials
- Form a Leadership Team of at least three leaders
- Regularly attend and engage with a local church
- Communicate regularly with your Regional, National, and/or Area Director
- Abide by SFC’s Leadership Agreement
- Host an SFC Group planning meeting at least once a quarter during the season
- Send at least one Group Leader to an SFC conference or gathering each season
- Respond to Support Office messages and surveys
We believe that God wants to use ordinary, everyday people to be his hands and feet in the worldthe spheres they find themselves in. You don’t have to be seminary-educated, trained, or ordained to carry the name of Jesus into your shred community; you just need to be willing. By forming an SFC Group, you’re taking a tremendous step toward seeing a community transformed by the love of Jesus.
Start a Group
If you’re ready to start an SFC Group, simply fill out the form below and we’ll walk you through the process! If you would like to join an existing group instead, head over to our Connect Page to find a group!
If you’re interested in getting involved, but you’re not ready to start a Group, we’d love to hear from you.